Macrium Reflect Free is a program for working with disk images and data archiving. Macrium Reflect Free allows you to create a copy of the hard disk with the operating system installed, even with Windows running and without restarting the computer.
Features of Macrium Reflect Free:
- creating a complete image of the disk or only its partitions,
- hard disk cloning,
- the created image can be saved on a local hard disk, network disk and optical disk,
- scheduled work is maintained,
- using Microsoft Volume Shadow (VSS),
- the recorded disc can be recovered from Linux or BartPE environment,
- high speed operation, recording information on CD and DVD,
- support for 32 and 64-bit operating systems.
License: Paid (Shareware).
Whats New in Macrium Reflect Free 7.3.5550:
Macrium Task Scheduler
- Under Edit Defaults> Scheduler, we’ve added a checkbox to prevent the system from sleeping while scheduled scripts are running. Sleep is always prevented while the backup itself is being taken, but this checkbox will also prevent sleep while the rest of the script is running.
- When waking the computer from sleep, or booting up when Windows Fast Boot is enabled, missed scheduled backups would start running immediately without giving the user time to log in and view the Postpone Backup pop-up message. This has been resolved.
- On some desktops, the ‘Start the task only if the computer is on AC power’ option would prevent scheduled backups from running even though no battery was present. This has been resolved.
- If the ProgramData folder and the Reflect installation folder were on different drives, then Reflect would be unable to download Windows PE. This has been resolved.
- A failed backup, due to power failure or removing the target drive, could cause the next backup to fail by detecting, but not deleting, the ‘backup_running’ mutex file. This has been resolved.
- viBoot can now handle images of system disk with 4K sectors.
- “Run purge before backup” could cause the current set Full backup to be purged when running a Diff or Inc. This has been resolved.
MIG – Server Plus
- SQL backups to MIG protected network shares is now supported.
- Various minor fixes and changes to improve Macrium Reflect.