The name of the OCCT tester comes from the “OverClock Checking Tool”. The tool can be used not only by overclockers, but also by anyone who wants to test the power of their microprocessor in extreme operating conditions.
Here is a list of its properties:
- supports up to 16 cores – for example, Quad-Kentsfield and Octo-Conroe (it may work with them, but can actually measure only 4 cores at a time);
- selectable tests (by duration, by priority, of the processor or RAM, ();
- detects the CPU and the bottom and displays them in a very nice way in the so-called sleep mode;
- monitoring is performed through 3 programs (such as MBM5, SpeedFan, SysTool or Everest Ultimate Edition 3.50 or higher), and at the beginning of the test it calls the support program itself;
- can display temperature and voltage readings graphically;
- translation into many languages (20), including Bulgarian;
- and other extras
You need to set the program, leaving the standard temperature of 70 degrees for maximum temperature, for the temperature of the core (cores) specify between 35 and 48 degrees. For help software, you set Built-in (built-in), SpeedFan 4.xx or Everest Ultimate (, or one of the others mentioned above), but with Built-in you will have the widest support.
When you exceed the specified upper limit of 70 degrees, you will hear a very funny sound, which you can replace with another not only in WAV, but also in MP3 format.
Whats New in OCCT 7.3.0 Final:
- MAIN: renamed “OCCT” test to “CPU” test to make it more in line with the other tests (Memory, Power supply,…)
- MAIN: Optimized OCCT’s startup time by a rough 20%
- MONITORING: Moved usage values on top of usage graphs for better readability
- MONITORING: Changed icons for usage values to avoid confusion
- MONITORING: The “Filter” menu is now a more generic button as more functions were added
- MONITORING: Added a “Reset Min / Max” button to the monitoring action menu
- MONITORING: Added a “Clear sort” button to the monitoring action menu
- MONITORING: Column sorting order is now saved in the settings
- MONITORING: Added a tooltip on the device type icon containing the device name (to make it easier to differentiate between sensors) (Thanks Matthew)
- MONITORING: Allow column sorting in the table view (even filtered!)
Download: OCCT 7.3.0 Final (17.1 MB)