Caliber is a multi-platform application for reading and processing e-books. With it you can convert and view different eBook formats.
The program can import the following formats: CBZ, CBR, CBC, CHM, EPUB, FB2, HTML, LIT, LRF, MOBI, ODT, PDF, PRC, PDB, PML, RB, RTF, TCR, TXT. You can convert and export in the formats: EPUB, FB2, OEB, LIT, LRF, MOBI, PDB, PML, RB, PDF, TCR, TXT, which you can then immediately open in an e-book reader such as Nook or Amazon Kindle.
Additionally, you can download information or covers for the converted books from more than 150 sites or upload the already created books to an integrated server. The program has a multilingual interface.
License: Free (Open Source).
Whats New in Caliber 5.10.0:
- Bulk metadata edit: Add a new control to compress the cover image files for all selected books
- Add support for the CB7 comic file file format
- E-book viewer: Allow adding a button to the selection bar that copies thecurrently selected text along with a caliber: // URL to show the text in the book
- Conversion: Insert metadata: Allow showing identifiers such as ISBN in the jacket page template
- Conversion: Insert metadata: Allow hiding entries in the jacket template when they are not present in the metadata
- caliber-server –manage-users: Add a scriptable interface: caliber-server –manage-users – help
- E-book viewer: Add keyboard shortcuts to copy the current location to the clipboard
- E-book viewer: Highlight all currently visible Table of Contents entries, not just the first
- Add a new tweak under Preferences-> Tweaks-> Author sort name algorithm to optionally recognizecommon surname prefixes such as von, van, de, etc. when generating sort names
Improved news sources
- Japan Times
- The Wall Street Journal
Download: Caliber 5.10.0 for Windows (110 MB)
Download: Caliber 5.10.0 for MacOS (143 MB)
Download: Caliber 5.10.0 for Linux