Caliber is a multi-platform application for reading and processing e-books. With it you can convert and view different eBook formats.
The program can import the following formats: CBZ, CBR, CBC, CHM, EPUB, FB2, HTML, LIT, LRF, MOBI, ODT, PDF, PRC, PDB, PML, RB, RTF, TCR, TXT. You can convert and export in the formats: EPUB, FB2, OEB, LIT, LRF, MOBI, PDB, PML, RB, PDF, TCR, TXT, which you can then immediately open in an e-book reader such as Nook or Amazon Kindle.
Additionally, you can download information or covers for the converted books from more than 150 sites or upload the already created books on an integrated server. The program has a multilingual interface.
License: Free (Open Source).
Whats New in Caliber 5.11.0:
- Edit book: Add a tool to split the tag at the current cursor position, creating a new tag with the same style and class attributes. To add the tool go to the Toolbars section in the editor preferences
Closes tickets: 1912958
- E-book viewer: Show the URL when hovering over external links
Closes tickets: 1911107
- E-book viewer: Redesign the reference mode to also work on touch screens without a mouse. Now in reference mode paragraph numbers are displayed for all paragraphs
- Edit book: Allow Ctrl-clicking on class names to jump to the first style rule that matches the tag and class
- Content server: When browsing highlights for a book allow selecting multiple highlights to delete or export quickly
- Allow creating keyboard shortcuts to copy show and view URLs for selected books to clipboard
Closes tickets: 1912954
- caliber: Add a timeout option to control the timeout when connecting to the caliber server
- Content server: Fix dragging selection handles not working in Safari
Closes tickets: 1913854
- E-book viewer: Fix links with a href of “#” not working
Closes tickets: 1915303
- E-book viewer: Hide the controls when clicking the back or forward buttons
- E-book viewer: When jumping to a highlight using the highlights panel, the back button should return to position before jump
Closes tickets: 1914921
- E-book viewer: Fix incorrect tooltip when hovering over a section title in the search results list
Closes tickets: 1914157
- HTMLZ Output: Fix a regression in caliber 5 that broke creating HTMLZ documents when using the option to place CSS inline
Download: Caliber 5.11.0 for MacOS (144 MB)
Download: Caliber 5.11.0 for Linux