Caliber is a multi-platform application for reading and processing e-books. With it you can convert and view different eBook formats.
The program can import the following formats: CBZ, CBR, CBC, CHM, EPUB, FB2, HTML, LIT, LRF, MOBI, ODT, PDF, PRC, PDB, PML, RB, RTF, TCR, TXT. You can convert and export in the formats: EPUB, FB2, OEB, LIT, LRF, MOBI, PDB, PML, RB, PDF, TCR, TXT, which you can then immediately open in an e-book reader such as Nook or Amazon Kindle.
Additionally, you can download information or covers for the converted books from more than 150 sites or upload the already created books on an integrated server. The program has a multilingual interface. License: Free (Open Source).
Whats New in Caliber 5.12.0:
- E-book viewer: When searching start the search from the current position, jumping to the first match at or after the current page
Closes tickets: 1915773
- E-book viewer: Have the Table of Contents view automatically scroll to keep the chapter being read currently visible
Closes tickets: 1916411
- Various improvements to the caliber template language,
- Edit book: File browser: Show total size of items in category when hovering over category with mouse
- Kobo driver: Add support for latest firmware and also an option to choose the color used for cover letterboxing
- E-book viewer: Fix selection popup bar sometimes going off screen when dragging up to the top line of text
Closes tickets: 1915685
- Get books: Update the Biblio and Chitanka stores for website changes
Closes tickets: 1915770
Improved news sources
- Harper’s Magazine
Download: Caliber 5.12.0 for MacOS (144 MB)
Download: Caliber 5.12.0 for Linux