Caliber is a multi-platform application for reading and processing e-books. With it you can convert and view different eBook formats.
The program can import the following formats: CBZ, CBR, CBC, CHM, EPUB, FB2, HTML, LIT, LRF, MOBI, ODT, PDF, PRC, PDB, PML, RB, RTF, TCR, TXT. You can convert and export in the formats: EPUB, FB2, OEB, LIT, LRF, MOBI, PDB, PML, RB, PDF, TCR, TXT, which you can then immediately open in an e-book reader such as Nook or Amazon Kindle.
Additionally, you can download information or covers for the converted books from more than 150 sites or upload the already created books to an integrated server. The program has a multilingual interface.
License: Free (Open Source).
Changes in Caliber 5.8.1:
- Content server viewer: Fix regression in 5.0 that broke scrolling on iOS
- E-book viewer: Fix error when scrolling to some search results in flow mode
AZW3 Input: Fix rare AID based links not working.
E-book viewer: Fix clock in header / footer not using system time format
Windows: Fix Read aloud not working with books that have a single large internal text file, such as MOBI or DOCX books
- PDF Output: Fix a regression causing conversion to fail when typesetting Chinese text
- Amazon metadata download: Fix no results being found when using the auto or google server because of a change in the markup of the Google search results page.
New news sources
- SchwarzerPfeil by tastytea
- Substack by topynate
Improved news sources
- The Australian
- The Atlantic
- New York Times Book Review