Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC Home Cinema) is an extremely lightweight, multimedia player for Windows. It looks just like Windows Media Player v6.4, but has many additional features.
It is based on the classic Media Player Classic and one of the best media codecs – ffdshow, thanks to which it can play many video and audio file formats without the need to install additional codecs.
Media Player Classic HomeCinema offers a wide range of functionalities – plays MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4, works correctly with a second monitor, supports different types of subtitles, works with QuickTime and RealVideo formats. Also, it can decode H.264 and VC-1 on the latest generation video cards (with DXVA support) and others.
The player is small in size, has a clear and redundant interface.
License: Free (Open Source).
Whats New in Media Player Classic – Home Cinema (MPC-HC) 1.9.16:
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.75.1-4-gfaff6
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to v21.09
Changes / additions / improvements:
- Added advanced option to specify location of Youtube-DL executable.
- Added support for yt-dlp.exe (fork of Youtube-DL).
- Added advanced option to display video fourcc and resolution in status bar.
- Added advanced option to display AB repeat marker values in status bar.
- When saving a favorite you can now also store the AB-repeat markers
- Adjusting subtitle delay now also works with the external VSFilter / XySubFilter subtitle renderers.
- Enabled processing of play / pause command when no media is loaded, but playlist is not empty. This now also allows resuming playback by pressing spacebar or clicking on the video area.
- Clicking mouse middle button on the systray icon now toggles play / pause.
- When the global after playback event is set to “play next file in folder”, the player will now close the current file when no next file is available. This allow the screensaver to activate.
- Added a second WASAPI based internal audio renderer. The existing internal renderer has been renamed to SaneAR (its original name). Don’t ask what the difference is between the two. There is little difference in behavior and functionality.
- Fix for running DVB scan not working in stopped state.
- Several other small fixes.
Download: Media Player Classic – Home Cinema (MPC-HC) 1.9.21 32-bit (15.7 MB)
Download: Media Player Classic – Home Cinema (MPC-HC) 1.9.21 64-bit (17.0 MB)