Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC Home Cinema) is an extremely lightweight, multimedia player for Windows. It looks just like Windows Media Player v6.4, but has many additional features.
It is based on the classic Media Player Classic and one of the best media codecs – ffdshow, thanks to which it can play many video and audio file formats without the need to install additional codecs.
Media Player Classic HomeCinema offers a wide range of functionalities – plays MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4, works correctly with a second monitor, supports different types of subtitles, works with QuickTime and RealVideo formats. Also, it can decode H.264 and VC-1 on the latest generation video cards (with DXVA support) and others.
The player is small in size, has a clear and redundant interface.
License: Free (Open Source).
Whats New in Media Player Classic – Home Cinema (MPC-HC) 1.9.9:
- Updated LAV Filters to 0.74.1-92-g88da5
Changes / additions / improvements:
- Added video preview functionality to the seekbar
You can enable this in: Options> Tweaks
For performance reasons, preview is only shown in case of local file playback. It is disabled for online streams and spinning discs.
To avoid interference with the main video playback, preview does not use hardware accelerated decoding.
Don’t enable preview if you have a slow computer that already struggles with normal video playback.
- Added menu entries and hotkeys for toggling shaders on / off
- Added support for CUE sheets
- Increased default value for number of recent files that is remembered from 20 to 40
- Reduced minimum allow playback rate from 0.125x to 0.05x
- Some seeking improvements. Unprocessed seeks can no longer queue up when seeking is slow.
- The internal audio renderer can now fallback to default audio device if it fails to initialize the output device that is selected in the options
- Fixed some issues with parsing M3U playlists
- Fixed issue with opening online .asx playlist
- Fixed GDI resource leak in dark theme
- Fixed hang with MPC Video Renderer if max subpic texture size was set to VIDEO
- Fixed automatic metadata based rotation with MPC Video Renderer
- Several crash fixes
- Several other small fixes and improvements
Download: Media Player Classic – Home Cinema (MPC-HC) 1.9.9 32-bit (15.2 MB)
Download: Media Player Classic – Home Cinema (MPC-HC) 1.9.9 64-bit (16.4 MB)