More information can be found or requested on the forum of the Team that develops the program. Supports processing at different levels, Plugin-Support, red-eye correction, and more. others.
Paint.NET is designed to replace the now obsolete MS Paint. The tool has many powerful features typical of expensive commercial developments, including the ability to use layers on your creations.
This is the main task of the team that developed the product – to make it a worthy competitor to its paid counterparts.
In addition to an improved version of the tool menu in MS Paint, Paint.NET also has a set of effects that you can apply to your photos, advanced menus for text formatting (font, thickness, size, style, color palette), etc.
The program requires Microsoft .NET Framework to work.
License: Free (Open-Source).
What’s New in Paint.NET 4.3.8 Final:
- Fixed compatibility with the Spaced Text plugin, which was crashing
- Fixed a bug with the Color Picker tool, which was sampling from a recently hidden layer when using Image sampling mode
- Fixed the ability to click URLs in some older plugins (CustomBrushesMini, Shape Maker, Vandermotten Effects, and those based on OptionBasedLibrary)
- Fixed the incorrect registration of the app in the HKCR Applications registry key, which was affecting some methods for launching the app
- Fixed many translations which had updates but that had inadvertently not been incorporated into the app itself
- Fixed the PROGRAMSGROUP property in the MSI (it was being ignored), which affects custom deployments
- Fixed the CHECKFORUPDATES property which was missing from the MSI. It still worked, but you had to add it yourself. This only affected MSI-based deployment.
Paint.NET 5.0.3 Final for Windows 64-bit (55.0 MB)
paint.NET 5.0.3 for Windows arm64 (61.2 MB)
Portable paint.NET 5.0.3 for Windows x64