Shotcut is a powerful cross-platform video editor that can edit and convert video files in a variety of formats.
One of the main features of Shotcut is the mixing of videos with different resolution and different frame rates. Videos can be placed on a common timeline by simply dragging and dropping, and then making any changes – adjusting the audio, adjusting the colors and white balance, using filters for color saturation or detail. the video.
All changes can be undone and repeated many times. The Shotcut interface is very user-friendly and suitable for both beginners and advanced users.
License: Free (Open Source).
Whats New in Shotcut 21.01.29:
- Fixed image skewed with odd width when using certain combinations of filters and transitions (broken in v20.11).
- Fixed being unable to pick transparent black in filters with color pickers (broken in v20.11).
- Fixed some tooltips in Timeline,, Filters, & Keyframes not showing on multi-monitor systems (broken in v20.10).
- Fixed Zoom in Scale, Position & Rotate does not always default and undo at 100% (broken in v20.10).
- Fixed crash with files having more than 32 multiplexed streams.
- Fixed quality-based VBR encoding with the VP8 Export> WebM preset.
- Fixed leading zeros for seconds in Timer video filter with MM: SS.SSS or SS.SSS formats.
- Fixed support for explicit fractional high DPI (eg
- Fixed bad text formatting when File> Open a plain text file in Text: Rich filter.
- Fixed drag-n-drop from Playlist when a project (MLT XML clip) is in Source player.
- Fixed using the numeric keypad for some shortcuts.
- Fixed selecting the same filter Preset again.
- Fixed Export File does not check for missing files.
- Upgraded Qt to version 5.15.2 for Linux & Windows and 5.12.10 for macOS.
- Improved the playback speeds of fast forward and rewind.
- Changed Playlist to not automatically start playback when add to playlist of empty project.
- Finished converting Timeline,, Filters, & Keyframes to Qt Quick Controls 2 API.
- Changed keyframe interpolation Discrete to Hold.
- Improved multi-threaded performance of video track blending and video filters:
- Alpha Channel: View
- Chroma Key: Advanced
- Chroma Key: Simple
- Elastic Scale
- Key Spill: Advanced
- Key Spill: Simple
- Mask: Apply
- Noise: Keyframes
- White Balance
- Added support for AV1 decoding and encoding.
- Added Color space and Color transfer to Properties> Video.
- Added an Advanced mode to the Convert to Edit-friendly dialogue with:
- Added Deinterlace option (bwdif) that outputs one frame for each field.
- Added Override frame rate and Frame rate conversion with Blend and Motion Compensation options.
- Added Convert to BT.709 colorspace that provides HDR-to-SDR tonemapping.
- Added detection of a HDR transfer function (ITU-R BT.2020 or SMPTE ST2084) to automatically show Convert dialogue.
- Added Use Higher Performance Waveforms to Timeline and Keyframes menus (default on).
- Added a red outline around the thumnbail of the currently opened Playlist item.
- Added video filter Reduce Noise: Quantization.
Download: Shotcut 21.01.29 for Windows 64-bit (80.7 MB)
Download: Shotcut 21.01.29 Portable for Windows 64-bit (106 MB)
Download: Shotcut 21.01.29 for Linux (74.9 MB)
Download: Shotcut 21.01.29 for MacOS (75.1 MB)