Sweet Home 3D is a Java application that will help you create a home to your own taste. The program creates a two-dimensional projection of the desired furniture and arrangement of the furniture in the room and its elements, then allows you to view the result in 3D. It has a multilingual interface.
Sweet Home 3D is a completely free program that also provides a 3D preview so that you can see the ideas for your home as clearly as possible. You can add 3D models.
Sweet Home 3D will help you to place the furniture in the rooms and choose the most suitable arrangement of the interior elements. For this purpose you can use the free models from the program’s website. Additional ready-made 3D models for the program can be downloaded from here.
License: Free (Open Source).
Whats New in Sweet Home 3D 6.5:
- Added information about Java and Java 3D providers in About dialog box.
com.eteks.sweethome3d.singleInstancesystem property which makes each launch of Sweet Home 3D run in a separated process when set to
- Fixed toggling magnetism when Alt key is released under Windows.
- Fixed a rendering bug of solid polyline joints.
- Adjusted the image scale of items of the plan copied to the clipboard to prevent out of memory errors.
- Accepted DAE files with empty mesh sources.
- Fixed a bug that reset the color or texture of a wall adjacent to a modified room.
- Fixed the top view in the plan of the mirrored furniture rotated around its Y axis.
- Used lower case for texture names exported to OBJ format to avoid possible conflicts on case insensitive systems.
- Fixed the deletion of folders in
workdirectory when they contain subfolders.
- Ensured the message about version updates is displayed in front of preferences dialog under macOS.
- Added preferences to manage IDs and item names in SH3F and SH3T files in the Furniture Library Editor and Textures Library Editor.
- Added the ability to read default catalogs contained in
Textures.jarfiles with the Furniture and Textures Library Editors.
- Added native support for Apple Silicon computers running with ARM processors.
- Notarized Sweet Home 3D installer under macOS.
- Replaced Oracle JRE 8u202 bundled in Sweet Home 3D installer by Azul OpenJDK 11.0.10 under Windows 64 bit and Azul OpenJDK 15.0.2 under Mac OS X ≥ 10.9.
- Upgraded JOGL library running with Java 3D 1.6.1 to version 2.4 RC 20210111, forcing Sweet Home 3D to use Java version ≥ 8 under Mac OS X ≥ 10.9 as well as with Java Web Start.
- Replaced Java 3D version 1.6.1 by version 1.5.2 for the distributions running with Apple Java 6 under Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.9.
- Updated Sweet Home 3D Ant build script to allow project compilation with Java version> 8.
- Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.
Download: Sweet Home 3D 6.5 for Windows (73.5 MB)