TagScanner is a free program for organizing and managing music collections. The program allows you to synchronize file names with their tags. Supports batch processing. Supports ID3v1, ID3v2, Vorbis comments, APEv2, WindowsMedia and MP4 (iTunes) tags. It is possible to obtain album information from freedb.org or Amazon. TagScanner can generate Playlists in PLS / M3U format or export them in Excel or HTML format and others.
TagScanner, although designed to handle music file tags, can do many other operations with your audio collection, from renaming to playing.
Supported formats are MP3, OGG, Musepack, Monkey’s Audio, FLAC, AAC, OptimFROG, SPEEX, WavePack, TrueAudio, WMA, MP4, works with ID3 1.0 / 1.1 / 2.2 / 2.3 / 2.4 tags, APE v1 and v2 tags, Vorbis comments as well as WMA tags and the MP4 poppy format.
Changes in TagScanner 6.1.7:
- New: Special placeholders for extended technical info from FLAC:% _flac_md5% and MPEG:% _mpeg_copyright%,% _mpeg_protectection%,% _mpeg_original%,% _mpeg_private%,% _mpeg_emphasis%
- Improved: Speed up reading of tags from huge files
- Improved: Importing of titles for each media from Musicbrainz releases
- Changed: Scripting functions $ greater and $ longer no longer return true for equal values
- Fixed: Reading of ID3 chunks situated in the end of some lossless files larger than 4GB
- Fixed: Wrong selection of now played file when remove some files from list
Download: TagScanner 6.1.7 (3.72 MB)
Download: TagScanner Portable 6.1.7 (3.08 MB)