Foobar2000 is a great media player, created by Peter Pavlovski, who worked on Winamp 2. Foobar uses a very clear and simple interface – no skins and no unnecessary things on it.
foobar2000 is a lightweight and easy to use player that supports almost all music formats (MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA) along with unicode-texts. It is also distinguished by the fact that it does not load your system at all, but has the main options of Winamp.
Changes in foobar2000 1.6.2 Final:
- HLS radio bug fixes.
- Double clicking album covers in Default User Interface shows full-size picture.
- Archive reader optimizations; much more efficient handling of uncompressed (store-mode) archives.
- Drag-and-drop or copy-to-clipboard of large number of tracks no longer copies their plaintext titles.
- Fixed unresponsive Album List when selecting lots of items. (beta 2).
- Added workarounds for wrong audio mix format reported by certain buggy soundcard drivers. (beta 3, beta 4)
- Added workaround for too quiet playback since removal of Windows Mixer volume slider synchronization in previous versions. (beta 4)
- Fixed crashing when attempting to read from 7-ziup archive that does not exist. (beta 5)
- Increased playback queue length limit to 256 tracks. (beta 5)
- Fixed incompatibilities with certain bluetooth headsets introduced in 1.6.1. (beta 7)
- Fixed incorrect handling of embedded pictures in Speex tags. (beta 7)
- Fixed incorrect info shown for IMA ADPCM in Matroska. (beta 7)
- Fixed no error message on failure to update embedded pictures if embedding of pictures is not supported for this file type. (beta 7)
- Removed nonsensical bit depth info shown with some Matroska files. (final)
- Cleaned up listed file types in various “import picture” dialogs. (final)
- Workaround for stuck process if attempting to update foobar2000 while running foobar2000 is busy. (final)
Download: foobar2000 1.6.3 Beta 1 (4.34 MB)