IrfanView is a popular small and lightweight tool for viewing multimedia files – images, videos and more. The author has left the possibility for extensions or so-called plugins – dynamic pieces of software, adding new functionality to an already installed program.
IrfanView is an analogue of older versions of ACDSee and a very light version of its current versions. It supports all the most popular and widespread formats, and with its help you can resize images, convert them, scan and print photos, create slideshows, process multiple images at once, play movies and audio files and many other possibilities.
IrfanView supports the following file formats: AIF, ANI / CUR, ASF, AU / SND, AVI, BMP / DIB, CAM (Casio JPG), CLP, Dicom / ACR, DJVU, EMF / WMF, EPS, FlashPix (FPX), FSH , G3, GIF, ICO / ICL / EXE / DLL, IFF / LBM, IMG (GEM), JPG2000, JPG / JPEG, KDC, LDF, LWF, MED, MID / RMI, MOV, MP3, MPG / MPEG, NLM / NOL / NGG, PBM / PGM / PPM, PCX / DCX, PhotoCD, PNG, PSD, PSP, RAS / SUN, RealAudio (RA), RLE, SFF, SFW, SGI / RGB, SWF (Flash / Shockwave), TGA, TIF / TIFF, WAV, WBMP, XBM, XPM, with support for Apple QuickTime can read MOV, QTIF, Mac PICT, FLI / FLC, and via Media Player PlugIn ASF, AU / SND / AIF are added to this list , AVI, DAT (VideoCD), MID / RMI, MOV, MP3, MPG / MPEG, WAV, WMA, WMF.
Changes in IrfanView 4.58:
- New option in Add-Text dialog: add text above / below image (add canvas)
- New in Add-Text for Batch mode: Scale font based on desktop height
- New Resize dialog option: Set size in MegaPixels
- New option in File-Copy / Move dialog: Create duplicate file (for existing files)
- New option: Keep mouse on Next / Prev-file toolbar buttons (Properties-> Viewing)
- New PlugIn: OptiPNG (Optimized PNG saving, thanks to Cosmin Truta)
- PNGOUT PlugIn has been removed (use OptiPNG in PNG save options)
- RIOT PlugIn has been removed (use “Set JPG file size” in JPG save options)
- GIF animation bug fixed (thanks to Filipe Oliveira, Tempest Security Intelligence)
- Several loading bugs in Formats PlugIn fixed (thanks to Moshe Kaplan)
- WPG PlugIn loading bugs fixed (thanks to SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab: CVE-2021-27224 and CVE-2021-27362)
- Updated panda (thumbnails) icon
- Several PlugIns are changed / updated, please install the newest versions
Download: IrfanView 4.58 for Windows 64-bit (3.56 MB)
Download: IrfanView PlugIns 4.58 (18.8 MB)