Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC Home Cinema) is an extremely lightweight, multimedia player for Windows. It looks just like Windows Media Player v6.4, but has many additional features.
It is based on the classic Media Player Classic and one of the best media codecs – ffdshow, thanks to which it can play many video and audio file formats without the need to install additional codecs.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema offers a wide range of functionalities – plays MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4, works correctly with a second monitor, supports different types of subtitles, works with QuickTime and Real Video formats. Also, it can decode H.264 and VC-1 on the latest generation video cards (with DXVA support) and others.
The player is small in size, has a clear and redundant interface. License: Free (Open Source).
Whats New in Media Player Classic – Home Cinema (MPC-HC) 1.9.10:
Changes / additions / improvements:
- Some optimizations for the seek preview functionality
- Seek preview now gets hidden when dragging the seekbar
- Renamed “System Default” video renderer to “Video Mixing Renderer 7”. This to prevent people from thinking this ancient renderer is the preferred one. Also changed order of the available renderers to put the recommended ones at the top.
- The player now tries to parse JSON output from youtube-dl even when that has encountered an error. This fixes loading of youtube playlists that contain deleted videos.
- Added a timeout in LAV Splitter code to prevent the player from freezing in case of certain network connection errors during playback of online streams
- Added support for text color tags in WebVTT subtitles
- Subtitle render buffer is now disabled by default. It doesn’t provide any noticeable performance benefit for most users.
- A few other small changes
- Fixed subtitle text encoding bug that caused wrong characters to be displayed (regression in 1.9.9)
- Fixed issue that caused wrong keyframe to be show in seek preview window. Now a seek will go to the same frame as shown in the preview.
- Fixed issue in sub picture buffer implementation that could result in reduced rendering performance for animated subtitles in certain cases
- A few other small fixes
Download: Media Player Classic – Home Cinema (MPC-HC) 1.9.10 32-bit (15.2 MB)
Download: Media Player Classic – Home Cinema (MPC-HC) 1.9.10 64-bit (16.4 MB)