MediaInfo is a free program that provides technical and tag information for your video and audio files. Displays the necessary codecs for proper reading and provides you with links to their download sites.
With the help of the program you can extract information about the size, bitrate, required codecs, ID3 tags, and you can also see possible problems with the playback of these files.
What information can you get from MediaInfo:
- General – title, author, director, album, date, duration
- Video – codecs, aspect, fps, bitrate
- Audio – codecs, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate
- Text – subtitle language, etc.
The program supports the following formats:
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB) (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC);
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI
License: Free (Open Source GPL).
Whats New in MediaInfo 21.09:
+ Graph view for 3D audio streams (thanks to graphviz)
+ ADM: full featured support (programs, content, objects, pack formats ()
+ ADM: in WAV (axml, bxml), MXF
+ S-ADM in AES3: support of Levels A1 and AX1
+ MOV / MP4: support of Dolby Vision XML Metadata
+ MXF: detection of IAB
+ SMPTE ST 337 (AES3): support of subframe mode
+ HEVC: CEA-608/708 caption support
+ MP4 / QuickTime: Android slow motion real frame rate
+ JSON output: add creatingLibrary field
x MPEG-4: read too much data with some predecessor definitions
x EBUCore: fix of fields order and types
Download: MediaInfo 21.09 (6.13 MB)