Stellarium is a program that turns your computer into a sky. You will be able to see thousands of stars and constellations from the universe, planets and their satellites in real time. The program uses OpenGL to make the most realistic 3D image of the sky possible.
Take a closer look at the starry sky. You can get as close as possible to the stars and planets and discover unexpectedly beautiful views. You can enjoy a huge number of celestial bodies and most new and interesting space objects with full details and descriptions, complemented by wonderful three-dimensional graphics.
Stellarium has versions for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X, it also supports Bulgarian language.
License: Free (GPL).
Whats New in Stellarium 0.21.2 Final:
The major changes of this version:
- Annual aberration correction. Planet positions are finally very accurate!
- Bookmarks replaced by Observation Lists
- Politically neutral geonames
- Right-click opens plugin configuration
- Improved computation of rising, transit, setting times
- Goto next twilight functionality
- Two new Greek skycultures
- Updated Mul-Apin skyculture with new artwork
- Improved fidelity of Lunar eclipses
- Fixed display of stellar proper motion
- Many fixes in core and plugins
Download: Stellarium 0.21.2 Final for Windows 32-bit (290 MB)
Download: Stellarium 0.21.2 Final for Windows 64-bit (294 MB)
Download: Stellarium 0.21.2 Final for Linux (294 MB)
Download: Stellarium 0.21.2 Final for MacOS (275 MB)