Wireshark, formerly known as Ethereal, is perhaps the most famous network analyst. Used for analysis, detection and troubleshooting of network hardware and software, creation and analysis of network protocols and training.
Provides the ability for online and offline analysis, analysis of VOIP protocols, powerful filters and more.
- Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Can browse the captured network data via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
- The most powerful display filters in the industry
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Read/write many different capture file formats: tcpdump (libpcap), Pcap NG, Catapult DCT2000, Cisco Secure IDS iplog. Microsoft Network Monitor, Network General Sniffer, Sniffer Pro, and NetXray. Also Network Instruments Observer, NetScreen snoop, Novell LANalyzer, RADCOM WAN/LAN Analyzer, Shomiti/Finisar Surveyor. Tektronix K12xx, Visual Networks Visual UpTime, WildPackets EtherPeek/TokenPeek/AiroPeek, and many others
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Can read the Live data from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others
- Decryption support for many protocols. Including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
- Applies the coloring rules to the packet list for quick, intuitive analysis
- Allows the Output to export to XML, PostScript, CSV, or plain text
License: Free (GPL).
Whats New in Wireshark 3.4.4 Final
Size: 58.5 MB
Wireshark 3.6.5 for Windows 32-bit
Wireshark 3.6.5 for Windows 64-bit
Wireshark 3.6.5 Portable for Windows 32-bit
Wireshark 3.6.5 Portable for Windows 64-bit
Wireshark 3.6.5 for macOS Arm 64-bit
Wireshark 3.6.5 for macOS Intel 64-bit