Formerly known as Windows Commander, and now as Total Commander, the program offers many more features than the built-in Windows Explorer: support for compression archives, built-in FTP client, the ability to extend functions through plug-ins and more.
Total Commander is one of the most popular and good file managers. The program has two panels for working with files, built-in modules for viewing, editing and archiving files, built-in FTP manager, file comparison module, module for detecting duplicate files and dozens of other great options that make it the best program of its kind.
Features of Total Commander:
- Drag & Drop;
- Built-in support for ZIP, ARJ, LZH, GZ, TAR, RAR and ACE archivers;
- Built-in FTP client;
- Advanced copying, moving, renaming and deleting entire trees (Allows deleting “full” directories);
- Command line for simple start of programs with parameters;
- Advanced search function with full text search in random files;
- Built-in file viewer for viewing files of any size in hexadecimal, binary or text format;
- Direct cable connection via LPT port;
- Work with network drives and much more.
- License: Paid (Shareware).
Whats New in Total Commander 10.0 Beta 2 / 9.51 Final