Mixxx is a free and powerful program for professional DJs. With it you can skillfully mix files in MP3, Ogg Vorbis and Wave format in real time. The program has filters, crossfader and speed control option.
The sliders are controlled by “hot keys” or by the mouse. Supports skins, playlists, balancing the sound flow, pre-listening to the melody before including it in the mix (for this purpose you will need two audio cards), etc.
Mixxx has many features of its paid counterparts. In addition, it is not very large, has an intuitive interface and a nice look.
The biggest advantage of Mixxx is that it has versions for Windows, Linux, Mac OS. Thus, it becomes a rational tool for every DJ, regardless of which operating system he uses. Distributed open source under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
License: Free (Open-Source).
Whats New in Mixxx 2.3.1 Final:
- Added mapping for the Numark DJ2GO2 Touch controller
- Added mapping for the Numark Mixtrack Pro FX controller
- Updated mapping for Behringer DDM4000 mixer
- Updated mapping for Denon MC7000 controller
- Hercules Inpulse 300: Add better FX controls and other minor improvements
- Denon MC7000: Improve slip mode and jog wheel handling
- Disabled detection of keyboards and mice as HID controllers
- Disabled detection of all HID controllers with Apple’s vendor ID. Apple doesn’t build actual controllers.
- Add support for HiDPI scale factors of 125% and 175% (only with Qt 5.14+)
- Fix unhandled exception when parsing corrupt Rekordbox PDB files
- Fix Echo effect adding left channel samples to right channel
- Fix bad phase seek when starting from preroll
- Fix bad phase seek when a channel’s audible status changes
- Tango skin: Show crossfader assign buttons by default
- Fix keyfinder library in arm64 builds
- Fix wrong track being recorded in History
- Fix support for relative paths in the skin system which caused missing images in third-party skins
- Fix relocation of directories with special / reserved characters in path name
- Update keyboard shortcuts sheet
- Library: resize the Played checkbox and BPM lock with the library font
- Don’t allow Input focus on waveforms
- Fix performance issue on AArch64 by enabling flush-to-zero for floating-point arithmetic
- Fix custom key notation not restored correctly after restart
- Tractor S3: Disable scratch when switching decks to prevent locked scratch issue
- FFmpeg: Ignore inaudible samples before start of stream
- Controller Preferences: Don’t automatically enable checkbox if controller is disabled
- Tooltips: Always show tooltips in preferences
- Tooltips: Use item label for tooltips in library side bar and show ID when debugging.
- Library sidebar: Also activate items on PageUp / Down events.
- Fix handling of preview button cell events in developer mode.
- Auto DJ: Fix bug which could make an empty track stop Auto DJ.
- Fix Auto DJ skipping tracks randomly
- Fix high CPU load due to extremely high internal sync clock values
- Fix preference option for re-analyzing beatgrids imported from other software
- It is no longer necessary to manually copy the udev rule file in packaging scripts. Now pkg-config is used to determine the udevdir used to install the rules file in the CMake install step when CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX is
- Various build issues on FreeBSD are fixed
- .desktop file has been renamed to org.mixxx.Mixxx.desktop according to Freedesktop standards
- Uses system provided hidapi library if version> = 0.10.1
- Please update PortAudio to 19.7 if you have not done so already. This is required for Mixxx to work with PipeWire via the JACK API for many devices.
- Install multiple sizes of rasterized icons
- CMake: Fixed detection of SoundTouch pkgconfig file and version
- Fix AppStream metainfo
Download: Mixxx 2.3.1 Final for Windows 64-bit (74.2 MB)
Download: Mixxx 2.3.1 Final for Linux (33.8 MB)
Download: Mixxx 2.3.1 Final for MacOS (34.8 MB)