Monkey’s Audio is a quick and easy way to compress music.
Unlike traditional compression methods such as mp3, ogg or lqt, which permanently degrade the quality of audio files to save space, Monkey’s Audio makes perfect bit by bit copies of your music. This means that it always sounds good, the compressed version is exactly the same as the original.
Although the sound is perfect, the archiver saves a lot of space. Think of Monkey’s Audio as WinZip of music.
The other great thing is that you can always decompress your Monkey’s Audio file back to the original. The tool offers fast and deep compression that does no harm.
The format of the program is supported by Media Center ™, Winamp ™ and many other players. Monkey’s Audio has an option to edit music tags.
License: Free (Open Source).
Changes in Monkey’s Audio 5.70:
- Changed: Made the size of the Cool Edit options a little smaller.
- Changed: Working on the signature of the program so it’s buildable other places (should be transparent change, but please report any issues).
- Fixed: Removing a tag with RemoveTag (() would not work due to the read-only change.
- Fixed: The return value from RemoveTag (…) will be better formed (previously it could return success even on failure).
- Fixed: The file list would not be saved when running under UAC (now it’s stored in the user data folder).