WinToUSB is a program for installing and starting the Windows operating system on a USB drive or a standard USB stick, using an ISO file image or a CD / DVD drive as the installation source.
WinToUSB Key features
Windows To Go (Portable Windows) Creator:
WinToUSB allows you to install & run fully-functional Windows on an external HDD/SSD, USB flash drive or Thunderbolt drive, which means you can carry the portable Windows drive to anywhere and use it on any computer.
- Use any version of Windows 11/10/8/7 and Windows Server to create Windows To Go Workspace
- Creation of Windows To Go from an ISO, WIM, ESD, SWM, VHD(X) image file or CD/DVD drive
- Clone existing Windows installation to USB drive or Thunderbolt drive as portable Windows
- Creation of Windows To Go on Non-Certified Windows To Go drive
- Hot clone Windows without restarting the source computer to be cloned
- Create BitLocker encrypted Windows To Go Workspace
- Support for creating VHD/VHDX-based Windows To Go Workspace
Windows Installation USB Creator
WinToUSB releases a feature called “Windows Installation USB Creator” which allows you to create a Windows installation USB flash drive from a Windows 11/10/8/7/vista/2019/2016/2012/2008 installation ISO file with a few simple steps, with this feature you can create a bootable Windows installation USB drive to install Windows on both Traditional BIOS and UEFI computers by using the same USB drive.
Windows PE Bootable USB Creator
WinToUSB also supports creating a bootable Windows PE USB drive. It can help you transfer the contents of a Windows PE image to a USB drive and make the USB drive bootable.
- Windows 7 is not completely portable. You may have driver problems when booting on different computers. So highly recommend using Windows 11/10/8.1/8 to create Windows To Go.
- Windows 7 does not have built-in USB 3.0 support, so Windows 7 will have to be booted from a USB 2.0 port.
- The common USB flash drives are very slow. It takes a long time to install and run Windows from a common USB flash drive. Highly recommend using an external hard drive, Windows To Go Certified Drives, Corsair Flash Voyager GTX USB 3.1 Premium Flash Drive, SanDisk Extreme CZ80 USB 3.0 Flash Drive or SanDisk Extreme PRO USB 3.1 Solid State Flash Drive to create Windows To Go.
- Windows To Go drives can be booted on different computers. So you can carry it to anywhere and use it on any computer.
WinToUSB 6.6 (5.64 MB)