With WordPress, you will be able to create your own website or blog. WordPress is a platform for your personal publications, which emphasizes aesthetics, user convenience, and compliance with web standards. The system provides ten different levels of access for different contributors, the ability to write comments, spam protection, and much more.
WordPress is a great tool to present your ideas in the webspace. The main priorities of WordPress are to be beautiful, convenient and up to date with web standards. WordPress is both free and invaluable.
Check Also – Joomla! 4.0.3 Final
In short – WordPress is useful in cases where you want to write on your blog, not to fight it.
License: Free (GPL).
WordPress Main Features
- Simplicity. Makes it possible for you to get online and get publishing, quickly. Nothing should get in the way of you getting your website up and your content out there. WordPress is built to make that happen.
- Flexibility. You can create any type of website you want. A personal blog or website, a photoblog, a business website, a professional portfolio, a government website, a magazine or news website, an online community. Even a network of websites. You can make your website beautiful with themes, and extend it with plugins. You can even build your very own application.
- Publish with Ease. If you’ve ever created a document, you’re already a whizz at creating content with WordPress. You can create Posts and Pages, format them easily, insert media, and with the click of a button your content is live and on the web.
- Publishing Tools. WordPress makes it easy for you to manage your content. Create drafts, schedule publication, and look at your post revisions. Make your content public or private, and secure posts and pages with a password.
- User Management. Not everyone requires the same access to your website. Administrators manage the site, editors work with content, authors and contributors write that content, and subscribers have a profile that they can manage. This lets you have a variety of contributors to your website, and let others simply be part of your community.
- Media Management. Quickly and easily upload images and media to WordPress. Drag and drop your media into the uploader to add it to your website. Add alt text, captions, and titles, and insert images and galleries into your content. Even there are few image editing tools you can have fun with.
- Full Standards Compliance. Every piece of WordPress-generated code is in full compliance with the standards set by the W3C. This means that your website will work in today’s browser while maintaining forward compatibility with the next generation of browsers. Your website is a beautiful thing, now and in the future.
- Easy Theme System. WordPress comes bundled with two default themes, but if they aren’t for you there’s a theme directory with thousands of themes for you to create a beautiful website. Upload your own theme with the click of a button. It only takes a few seconds for you to give your website a complete makeover.
- Extend with Plugins. WordPress comes packed full of features for every user, for every other feature there’s a plugin directory with thousands of plugins. Add complex galleries, social networking, forums, social media widgets, spam protection, calendars, fine-tune controls for search engine optimization, and forms.
- Built-in Comments. Your blog is your home, and comments provide a space for your friends and followers to engage with your content. WordPress’s comment tools give you everything you need to be a forum for discussion and moderate that discussion.
- Search Engine Optimized. WordPress is optimized for search engines right out of the box. For more fine-grained SEO control, there are plenty of SEO plugins to take care of that for you.
- Multilingual. Available in more than 70 languages. You will be able to build the website for would prefer to use WordPress in a language other than English, that’s easy to do.
- Easy Installation and Upgrades. If you’re happy using an FTP program, you can create a database, upload WordPress using FTP, and run the installer.