The name of the OCCT tester comes from the “OverClock Checking Tool”. The tool can be used not only by overclockers, but also by anyone who wants to test the power of their microprocessor in extreme operating conditions.
Here is a list of its properties:
- supports up to 16 cores – for example, Quad-Kentsfield and Octo-Conroe (it may work with them, but can actually measure only 4 cores at a time);
- selectable tests (by duration, by priority, of the processor or RAM, ();
- detects the CPU and the bottom and displays them in a very nice way in the so-called sleep mode;
- monitoring is performed through 3 programs (such as MBM5, SpeedFan, SysTool or Everest Ultimate Edition 3.50 or higher), and at the beginning of the test it calls the support program itself;
- can display temperature and voltage in graphical form;
- translation into many languages (20), including Bulgarian;
- and other extras.
You need to set the program, leaving the standard temperature of 70 degrees for maximum temperature, for the temperature of the core (cores) specify between 35 and 48 degrees. For help software, you set Built-in (built-in), SpeedFan 4.xx or Everest Ultimate (, or one of the others mentioned above), but with Built-in you will have the widest support.
When you exceed the specified upper limit of 70 degrees you will hear a very funny sound, which you can replace with another not only in WAV, but also in MP3 format.
Whats New in OCCT 9.1.0 Final:
Added a reminder when your license will expire. It’ll appear once when you have less than 14, 7 and 3 days left on your license
Found a workaround to a WPF bug that made the monitoring table look sluggish if a tooltip was displayed anywhere in the app. The whole app is feeling much more responsive, and CPU usage went down
Removed annoying dotted lines that would sometime appear in screenshots
Fixed several UI sizing issues
OCCT now supports skins!
Introduced the Coolermaster skin
Using the Coolermaster skin unlocks the test report
Engine update to 7.07
Increased the benchmark upload delay to better deal with slower connections
OCCT 11.0.8 Final (19.6 MB)