Unlike other similar libraries, Advanced Codecs does not remove filters or encoding and decoding methods. Everyone is included, including Haali, FFDshow, and Gabest.
The Advanced Codecs kit correctly refers to the already installed software – the installer updates the already installed codecs and does not change the associations of audio and video files, as well as does not install any players.
During the installation of Advanced Codecs, it is possible to choose exactly which filters and encoders to install.
After installation, some codecs may be uninstalled and/or reinstalled. The proposed version simultaneously supports Windows 7, 8, and 10 operating systems, both 32 and 64-bit versions.
ADVANCED Codecs Features
- Full color thumbnails including FLV’s and 10bit MKV’s. (also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
- Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
- Displays explorer properties for non native filetypes such as MKV and FLV
- Updated often – and has update notification builtin
- Support playback of MKV files on Extenders and on the Xbox One.
- Allow use of the PowerDVD decoders for 32bit LiveTV in Media Center.
- Support use of the LAV filters with the Play To function for MKV files.
- Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
- Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
- Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
- Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker builtin.
- Support ‘Add to Windows Media Player List’ using rightclick on all files such as MKV.
- H264 / AVC, hi10p / HEVC codecs are activated by default for use by all players.
Current releases support 4K, HDR<>SDR, and 3D decoding.
- UPGRADE installations are fully functional! (but not recommended)
- If you are upgrading to solve an issue, you should UNINSTALL the old version
What’s New in ADVANCED Codecs 16
- Update LAV filters 0.76.1.0
- Media Player Classic – Black Edition (MPC-BE) filters 18.104.22.16846
- Update Icaros 3.2.1
- Add Shark’s MediaInfo Tool 21.9-4
- Update VSFilter (DirectVobSub) 22.214.171.124
- Fix broken Movies & TV App and MS Store errors
- Fully functional Save / Restore settings
- Remember monitor and screen positioning
- Auto Update all files directly from within the GUI
- Live Synchronization of 32/64bit Applications for shared settings
- Improve WMV handling when LAV is used for playback
Advanced Codecs 16 (62.7 MB)