This collection of codecs will help you watch movies and listen to songs in various formats without any problems. This package supports AMR, MPC, OFR, DIVX, MKA, APE, FLAC, EVO, FLV, M4B, MKV, OGG, OGV, OGM, RMVB, and Xvid formats that can be loaded with Windows Media Player. The program is straightforward to install and does not require any unique settings.
The author of STANDARD Codecs claims that it is possible to view any MKV files after installing this package, regardless of the player. The H264 / AVC, hi10p / 10bit codecs are now available to every user. The program is fully compatible with the new Microsoft operating systems’ UAC (User Account Control) system, and there are no complications during installation. The package guarantees watching movies with any encoding, regardless of the installed software player.
STANDARD Codecs Features
- Full-color thumbnails, including FLV’s and 10bit MKV’s. (also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
- Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
- Explorer properties are displayed for nonnative filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
- Updated often – and has update notification builtin
- Support playback of MKV files on Extenders and the Xbox One.
- Allow use of the PowerDVD decoders for 32bit LiveTV in the Media Center.
- Support the LAV filters with the Play To function for MKV files.
- Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
- Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
- Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
- Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker builtin.
- Support ‘Add to Windows Media Player List’ using right-click on all files such as MKV.H264 / AVC, hi10p / HEVC codecs are available for all players.
UPGRADE installations are fully functional! (but not recommended) If you upgrade to solve an issue, you should UNINSTALL the old version. Current releases support 4K, HDR<>SDR, and 3D decoding.
What’s new in STANDARD Codecs 12.4
- Update LAV filters 0.76.1.0
- Update Icaros 3.2.1
- Update VSFilter (DirectVobSub) 126.96.36.199
- Add Shark’s MediaInfo Tool 21.9-4
- Fix broken Movies & TV App and MS Store errors
- Fully functional Save / Restore settings
- Remember monitor and screen positioning
- Auto Update all files directly from within the GUI
- Live Synchronization of 32/64bit Applications for shared settings
- Improve WMV handling when LAV is used for playback
STANDARD Codecs 12.5.3 (40.0 MB)